2018 Application Season: 01 May - 31 August 2017
* When you click the “apply online” button at the bottom of this page you will land on our pre-screening page. Here you should enter your latest school results to see if you qualify for any of our bursaries. You will also need to know at what type of institution you would want to study, e.g. University of Technology or University.
* You will be asked to select one of the bursary types we offer. Information on all the bursary programmes we administer is available on our website. If you are not sure which option to select, please select the StudyTrust bursary. We will consider all applications we receive for all bursaries we administer.
* Submit your latest results. If you are currently in Grade 12 or busy with tertiary studies, please provide your latest (Jun/ mid-year) results.
* The system will verify whether you qualify before you take all the trouble to complete the application form.
* You will receive one of two messages: You either qualify, or you do not. You may retry for qualification by selecting another institution type or study programme. If you qualify for a StudyTrust bursary, you may continue the application.
2018 Application Season: Extended to 30 September 2017
* This page contains information on how to download and complete bursary application forms. Please pay close attention. We do not consider incomplete applications.
* StudyTrust also has an online application facility which is our preferred means of application. It can be accessed from 01 May – 30 September 2017.
* Downloadable application forms are available for those who do not have direct access to our online application facility. You are however welcome to download and distribute our forms.
* Please do not use previous year's forms for the current application season!
* For more information on our Online Application Feature, please click here.
2018 Application Season: 01 September - 31 October 2017
Since 1992, the Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Programme (DAFI, referred to by its German acronym Deutsche Akademische Flüchtlingsinitiative) has provided scholarships to more than 6.000 deserving refugees worldwide to study at universities in their host country and, more recently, in their country of origin upon return. Financed by the Government of Germany, DAFI has been and remains a unique opportunity for refugees to continue higher education while outside their country of origin. Through scholarships for university education, DAFI contributes to the search for durable solutions for individuals of concern under UNHCR’s mandate, who through this support has been enabled to provide vital support towards the reconstruction of conflict affected countries.